Grand Houses and Gardens
September 15-23, 2017
- EXPLORE magnificent National Trust properties such as Haddo House, designed by Robert Adam, and Newhailes, a carefully conserved neo-Palladian villa
- LEARN about Glasgow alongside an art historian for a day long tour focusing on the work of Charles Rennie Mackintosh
- DISCOVER the history of legendary Scottish castles including Fyvie, Craigievar, and Crathes
- INDULGE in a private dinner with traditional live music at Fyvie Castle
- CELEBRATE a memorable journey during a farewell reception at Edinburgh’s Georgian House
From the vibrant capital of Edinburgh to the historic city of Glasgow, Scotland is an enchanting destination. Join us in September as we discover some of the country’s most spectacular houses and gardens, including many National Trust for Scotland properties.
In Edinburgh, enjoy a stroll through the Malleny Gardens with David Mitchell, one of Scotland’s foremost gardening experts. We will also tour iconic Edinburgh Castle and visit Dirleton, a fortress castle with delightful gardens, as well as Newhailes, a magnificent neo-Palladian mansion. Spend a full day exploring Glasgow, Scotland’s largest city, where highlights include an architectural tour with an art historian. Visit stately mansions including Pollok House, where the National Trust for Scotland charter was signed, and view exquisite works for art.
Travel to Aberdeen to discover historic properties including Fyvie Castle, where we will be treated to a special dinner with live music. We will also visit Craigievar Castle, Crathes Castle, and Castle Fraser. At Drum Castle, one of Scotland’s oldest tower houses, we will see the private contemporary art gallery in the upper rooms and walk through one of the oldest woodlands in the U.K. Conclude in Edinburgh for a special reception at the magnificently restored Georgian House.
Full List of NTS Properties on Tour
- Craigievar Castle
- Crathes Castle, Garden & Estate
- Drum Castle, Garden & Estate
- Falkland Palace & Garden
- Castle Fraser, Garden & Estate
- Fyvie Castle
- The Georgian House
- Haddo House
- The Hill House
- Pitmedden Garden
- Pollok House
Program rate per person $5,495
We hope you will join us on this extraordinary journey to experience Scotland’s natural and cultural treasures.